Friday, April 14, 2006

Happy Good Friday!


Do people really say that? First, it sounds weird, and secondly, it's not happy, it's the day Jesus was executed.

Did you know this: This Christian holiday marks the execution of Jesus, so why call it “good”? Theologians’ best guess is that the name is derived from “God’s Friday” (the same way “good-bye” came from “God be with ye”). In some countries Good Friday is known as Long Friday, Silent Friday, or Holy Friday. *

I love history. Who knew that's why people say good-bye. I think I'll start saying see you later instead. All the atheists say good-bye and they don't even know!! Maybe I'm the only one who gets excited about things like that.

And seriously, don't I have the most beautiful sister you have ever seen?

*Compliments of my daily calendar!

No comments: