Tuesday, September 11, 2007

In transit...


I'm waiting at Heathrow Airport for my flight to Istanbul! I had a white chocolate/rasberry muffin. I can already tell how much less saturated fat Europeans use than Americans. I was very lucky that Katie happened to find some stirling pounds yesterday when she was cleaning out her room so I could actually afford the muffin!

I sat next to this big Romanian guy on the plane and he kept sleeping on my side of the arm rest and the woman's chair in front of me was broken so her head was pretty much in my lap. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. Although, the highlight was definitely seeing the sunrise over Limrick. It was breathtaking. It started with a small line of red on the dark blue that was night. Then orange, purples and yellows until they all fade and it is light out. That's when traveling alone is sad. I see something so beautiful and I wish I could share it with the people I love the most, but they were most likely all sleeping soundly as I thought about them.

No comments: