Friday, October 02, 2009

Cairo...........GIZA

The pyramids really are as awesome as everyone says. We woke up to see the sunrise behind them but the pyramids don't "open" until 8am...so we decided to take a HORSE around to see the pyramids. It was pretty intense, the pictures may give it more justice because my words won't be able to.

Yesterday we went to Alexandria and saw the library, which is truly incredible. But Alexandria itself was less than great. Also because the men there seemed to be the worst in the world, and I got groped twice by the same guy, no joke. It was surreal. And I was so shocked I didn't have time to slap him.

Everything else is going well. Matt and I are preparing for Shabbat and buying food, since he is much more observant than I am. It's prayer time and men are praying all over the streets, unlike in Turkey where it is forbidden. It's intense.

No comments: