Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Something positive.

So, I know I haven't given Turkey the most shining reports lately, but yesterday something happened that was so so nice and would never happen in the US.

I was at the grocery store getting everything because I haven't been for real shopping in about two weeks. My bill was 56YTL and so I was going to use my credit card...and of course it didn't work. But I only have a 50 on me. So I was going to take something off the order. The cashier told me to go and it would be okay, just pay next time. I couldn't believe it, I was going to run to the ATM and leave my groceries and come back. But he was like "no, no, tomorrow". I was like "TOMORROW?" Because in the US, they would never let you leave with the groceries and come back later. So, even though he said tomorrow was okay, I ran to the ATM and straight back anyway! It was so nice. =)

No comments: