Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Student teaching update.

I haven't started teaching yet, but I have been at the school for two days. It's a very small school, just one hallway.  But everyone is so nice and welcoming. The teacher I am working with is really wonderful and we've already started looking at my source sheets and my lesson plans.  Everyday they have presentations called "Stand and Deliver" where they are doing presentations about innovative technology and how it has effected the present day.  Some are very impressive.  Today I shadowed a student and followed her schedule.  It was interesting to see the other classes in the school that aren't Jewish studies classes. There isn't any Hebrew in the school except for Jewish texts and the Hebrew classes themselves.  It's a choice of the school to set up curriculum in this manner.

I can't wait to start teaching next Monday!! 

No comments: