Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Passover!

I know I have been on a long hiatus from blogging, but I have a very good reason, I had LASIK (actually PRK) eye surgery to correct my vision. So I literally couldn't see.  But the doctor said the surgery went really well and everything is progressing correctly. It's difficult because my eyes were so bad, so even if they improve right after the surgery, they are probably still worse than what most people have ever experienced. But I am really hoping that my eyes become perfect. The cells are regrowing correctly right now. It's weird and difficult in this in between stage, but I'm trying to be patient. Roi has been helping me every step of the way, I don't think I could have done it without him.

I am really hoping to have a full recovery by the beginning of May, one because I will take another month of ulpan and I want to be able to read and see the board, and two, a friend and I are going to Petra, in Jordan, and to climb Mt. Sinai in Egypt. We just want to make sure there aren't any more commandments there that got left behind. =)

I hope you have a wonderful Pesach/Passover holiday with your friends and family.  I like Pesach because it always reminds me that I have only ever known freedom and I am so grateful for that. חג פסח שמח!! Happy Passover! 

No comments: