Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tom Kenning

On Tuesday, after Hebrew I hopped on a bus to Jerusalem and met my awesome friend Tom and his friend Justin.  Tom taught with me last year at Portage High School.  We walked about the market place in the old city and I helped them buy some souvenirs for their sister/girlfriend/mom...etc...then we hiked up to the modern market with fruits and vegetables and candies, etc. and things for every day use. Then we went to Ben Yehuda Street and I taught them how to play backgammon. (and I lost both games...hmm...) We ate dinner at Rimon and had ice cream after. It was so nice to catch up and see such a great friend from the states!

Now they are heading to the Dead Sea, then Petra and then Cairo. They will have a really awesome trip!

Also, my grandma will be in Israel in three days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible! I can't wait for her to get here!!

No comments: