Monday, June 21, 2010

Birthday

Like so many previous birthdays, I spent my 25th birthday at the beach. 


Yesterday was my birthday. I am 25. I feel really old. Although I have never been one to follow traditional roles, it is hard to ignore them.  I think about having a real job and having kids, and even though I'm not really ready for those things, there are times when I want them. In a way it would be easier to follow normal roles, but I don't think I would be very happy. I don't know what I want. I know I want to travel and see as many different places and people as possible. I know I want to be with people I love and who love me and care about me. I know I want to be of some sort of benefit to the world and provide some sort of positive service to other people. But I still don't really know in what capacity I will be doing that.  Maybe I am suppose to know by the time I am 25, but then I see some people who decided and now they are miserable because they can't undue what they thought was right. So maybe not knowing is still okay.

It's hard to have a birthday far from home. But I got to talk to my family on Skype, and it was really nice. Also, Roi made my birthday really special. He's so so sweet.  I spent most of the day (after a birthday lunch with Maura) at the beach for the MAPMES going away party. We had a great time and I was with great friends. I will really miss them.

Our group at the beach!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

You look gorgeous in that black and white photo! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day! Love you!

Sevgi said...

You look great! I'm so happy you had a good birthday!

Don't worry 25, isn't THAT old. I think you're right on track with life. :)

love and miss you!