Sunday, November 18, 2007

British International School

I went to the BIS to see if I could volunteer there. And they will let me. So twice a week I will work with ESL students. I'm really looking forward to it. They were excited that I was a native English speaker. So I am assuming the other aides or volunteers are Turkish.

Last Friday I went to workout at the university facilities. They really really nice, but it costs 5 YTL, about $4. On the weekends it is 10 YTL. I think I am just spoiled that at Ball State it was free. I really hate paying, but I will go again tomorrow. It felt really good to get some exercise besides walking up five hills a day.

We got a shower rod and curtain and had a man install them...the bathroom issues have quickly been solved......no more water everywhere. It's a beautiful thing.

I have come to the conclusion that I will most likely have to live in the US for at least two years to get my Masters and have two years experience under my belt. Unless I get right into DoDDs, any good international school will want/expect two years at least. Maybe Katie can have a baby while I am home and I won't have to fly back and forth a million times. =)

3 comments:

Mrs. Dean said...

It looks like you have had some wonderful experiences and seen some amazing things. Thanks for sharing!
Turkey looks like an interesting place to visit. I look forward to hearing your stories when you return.
Happy Thanksgiving! :)
Mrs. Dean

Unknown said...

Mwahahaha! You have to stay in the U.S. for at least two years! I will be sure to get my fill of Miss Wiese while you're home! Love you. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

We miss you so much and hope your Thanksgiving was as wonderful as the rest of your adventures! Think about you often and love you very much!