Monday, October 02, 2006

Aftermath

It's not so much the feeling of hunger that's difficult to deal with, just the intense headaches and tiredness that comes with no food or water. Plus, your throat really hurts, it's dry, scratchy, and raw. I wanted to sleep and I did fall asleep in my 9am Middle East history class, which led to me appologizing to my teacher afterwards.

Another bad part is that when I actually did get to eat, my throat hurt so much it wasn't that enjoyable. Then there is sooo much food, and you want to eat all of it, but you get stuffed so quickly. I was a little sad by how little I could eat. And more sad how huge my stomach feels right now.

In the end, I'm very proud of myself for doing it. I don't know if it was more to prove myself to G-d or to myself, but I'm glad I did it. Here is to a great year. Cheers!

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Congrats on making it through the entire day without eating, I don't know if I could do that myself

Anonymous said...

yosher koach keep it up but next year don't go to class noone can properly concentate on academic work while they are fasting anyways. As long as the fast was meaningful to you thats whats important.Think of all of the Jews who starved because of lack of food throughout Jewish History.
It really makes you thankful to Hashem.