Saturday, November 17, 2012

Unfortunately, a new experience.

Shavua tov! I hope everyone had a restful and peaceful Shabbat. Although I'm sure for thousands of people in Israel that didn't happen. As I was walking to Beit Knesset (Synagogue) the siren went off to warn Jerusalem that there was a rocket in the air. As Joseph and Daniel and I were walking, we saw people running for cover. I told them we had 30 seconds, so we just continued walking. About 15 sec
onds later we heard and felt our first rocket. It hit north of Jerusalem and no one was hurt. We continued on our way to pray. It was a beautiful evening with music and singing. I had dinner with a very loving family and today I went to listen to my roommate read Torah, which he did beautifully, and then played basketball with friends...life goes on normally for now. Let's hope that peace is near and that no one else is hurt on either side. 

No comments: