Tuesday, January 18, 2011

After 6 years...

After six years of anticipation, I finally went into the Shrine of the Bab. When I was 19 and on my Birthright trip, I went to the Bahai gardens, but no one had told us to wear pants or a skirt, so I couldn't go in. But TODAY I went!! The inner gardens are just as beautiful as the upper and lower.

This is the view from right in front of the shrine...not too shabby!



Basic Teachings of Bahá'u'lláh

Bahá'u'lláh taught that there is one God whose successive revelations of His will to humanity have been the chief civilizing force in history. The agents of this process have been the Divine Messengers whom people have seen chiefly as the founders of separate religious systems but whose common purpose has been to bring the human race to spiritual and moral maturity.
Humanity is now coming of age. It is this that makes possible the unification of the human family and the building of a peaceful, global society. Among the principles which the Bahá'í Faith promotes as vital to the achievement of this goal are

The door outside the shrine.


The inside of the shrine is very plain. There are two rooms, an outer room to pray, and the inner room where he is actually buried. There are beautiful chandeliers and other adornments, but none of them are religious symbols. There is also a prayer of visitation that Bahai recite when they visit the second holiest place in their religion. There were also huge vases with hundreds of roses, red and white, but not mixed.  Simply, elegant, and beautiful.


Not the best picture I have taken of myself, but I wanted to prove I was there!



http://info.bahai.org/bahaullah-basic-teachings.html - all information is from this website
Posted by Picasa

No comments: