Monday, November 08, 2010

To the End of the Land


Most of my life I didn't read much, then I just read chick books, or school books. Obviously, last year during my masters, I only had time to read for the degree.

So I just finished this book To the End of the Land by David Grossman.  Summary here. It revolves around Ora, an Israeli mother of two. The story recaps her whole life which spans three wars.  The main conflict is that the younger son went on a dangerous mission in the IDF and we don't know what is going to happen to him.

The character development is quite remarkable. Like I said, I'm not an avid reader, but I was really sucked in.   But I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I feel like I almost made up my own ending to appease myself.  I would still recommend the book though.

Let me know if you read it. I would like to know your thoughts. =)

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I'm totally going to pick this up and try it.

Also, I have some book recommendations if you have time on your hands. You should check out fiction writer Daniel Silva, he writes about an Israeli spy who goes on missions for the government. I don't know if you like books like this, but I really enjoy them. The characters are awesome! :)

Miss you, dear!