Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Katie

My sister sent me a card. (This isn't rare, she sends me cards all the time! Which is wonderful!) But this one made me so happy. She drew a little picture in it and had an arrow that commented "a picture like mom would draw." It is soooo funny because it is just like my mom. She will send a card and not write anything, just a picture. It made me smile the rest of the day.

I sent a package home today........50YTL...definitely more expensive than the things I mailed home! oy!

I am going to do a seder with my friends here! One friend asked me "Andrea, since you are the 'good' Jew, are you going to have a seder?" I don't know if I consider myself a good Jew, but I will take it as a sign to do my own seder. I am really excited. I found Passover Kosher flour....I think I am going to have to make my own matzah!! Send me your suggestions!!!!!!!!!!! There is a rule that it has to be cooked within 18 minutes of the water touching the flour. Interesting. I emailed the Rabbinate here to find out where I could find Kosher foods, but I haven't heard anything. I will keep you posted!

No comments: