Thursday, May 11, 2006

Have you ever?

Have you ever met someone who is an incredible person, not because of what they do, but because of the way they treat others? They don't discriminate, they have something nice to say about everyone, everyone is welcomed in their presence? They have the ability to make you feel great about yourself and laugh at any situation? In my opinion, there aren't a ton of people like that. In middle school it was Matt McKenna, great kid, probably still is. At CTT, it is was Dean. In Gettysburg, it was Chris. I know these people aren't perfect, not even close, but they have such a way about themselves that makes other people feel great. You don't forget about these people, or the way they made you feel.

There is a boy in the 5th grade class I've been subbing for that has these qualities, his name is Benz. He's only 10 years old and already has the ability to make others feel important. No matter who is in his group, the "disabled" kid, the "genius" girl, the "bully"...Benz says, "Come sit by me!! This is going to be awesome!" Or "Hey, Miss Wiese, did you meet my friend Kalvin? He's a cool guy."

I love Benz for being so innocent, but I don't think innocence is what makes him one of a kind, because Matt, Dean, and Chris are not innocent. At least that gives me hope that when he does lose his innocence, he won't lose the qualities that make him one of those people that are unforgettable.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the new format. pink wasn't working for me.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»