Thursday, September 22, 2011

3rd educators field trip

Yesterday we had our second PEP field trip. This one focused on the First Temple Period. The tour guide was great! I was really paying attention the whole time. We first stopped at The City of David and he gave of a lot of wonderful information. We ate lunch in the Jewish Quarter (everyone enjoyed the Reese's peanut butter cookies I had made) and then we went to see a map/movie of the period. It was a great visual because I really finally understood the difference between the walls that are standing now and the walls that were from the First Temple Period.  All the other times I have been on tours things were smashed into the same tour and all the info was jumbled into my head. So I really appreciated a tour of just this time period. 
We also went to the "traditional" stop were David is buried. This is the statue outside the tomb of David playing the harp. (He was definitely not buried there.) 

This is our WONDERFUL educators group!!! Future Jewish educators!!! 

No comments: