Monday, September 19, 2011

The Jerusalem Biblical Zoo

Over the past weekend, my school had a "Shabbaton" which means a rest. The actual explanation is like a weekend retreat.  The whole weekend was very beautiful with a lot of bonding and relaxing. I got to play some basketball on Shabbat with some of my classmates too!

One of the highlights was during free time on Friday before Shabbat, my two friends and I went to the Jerusalem Biblical Zoo.  The zoo was terrific! It wasn't that they had animals that I hadn't seen before, but all the animals were so active! The bears were swimming and eating branches, the giraffes and zebras were walking around their pond and having a drink, the deer were making many attempts at being fruitful, and the elephant was helping the worker move his heavy bucket around. We were there close to closing time, so maybe they get fed right after the zoo closes. I really don't know, but this was by far one of the best zoo experiences of my life!! As you can tell, I am highly recommending Jerusalem's Biblical Zoo as a spot on your next Israel adventure!


Kalie and Jordan enjoying the zoo!




No comments: