Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Couple of announcements.

Actually, I think just one announcement. I decided that I am going to take ulpan (Hebrew language) starting in October in  in Haifa, which is in the north, by WATER!!! It's about 3 hours north of where I live now, and Roi (by direct train). Which really isn't far, because it's a train and I can get things done during the ride, but it's far enough that I won't see him everyday (and he can study) and I will be forced to establish my own life and meet my own people. I have to be able to live and work here independently, then I can be with Roi.  Plus, it'll really help improve my Hebrew which was a major concern.  And it's only for college graduates between 22-35, so it's people who are my age, etc.  


http://www.jewishagency.org/JewishAgency/English/Aliyah/Absorpton+Options/Absorption+Centers/Haifa+15.htm


I was really anxious the past few weeks because I didn't really know what I was going to be doing when I first arrive back in Israel, but this really makes sense and I feel good about the choice.  I will be able to learn about a new part of the country. The ulpan is from 8-1 (5 hours a day) 5 days a week for 5 months. So I can get a part time job in the afternoon/evenings.  

Also, I got a lot of mail this week, from my grandma and from Nelly and my mom and sister...I love mail. Thanks for thinking about me!!

1 comment:

Sevgi said...

This sounds awesome! :)