Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Parents and still no internet.


At the airport!!!!!!!!

Dogukan! My landlord's grandson!!!

Mom's painting!!

With Mustafa!!

Blue Mosque.

Dressed up at Culture Night!

Mom and dad on Galata Bridge.

My parents inside Aya Sofya.

My parents got here on Christmas, it was soooo great to see them! It was probably the best Christmas present I could have received! (Except of course the shoes they brought me from Katie and Rick.) We had a couple of relaxing days at first because I had to go to university still have a couple of classes. We went to Istanbul Modern and saw the Cihat Burat exhibit and the next day to Sultanahmet. We went to the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya, the cisterns, the Grand Bazaar, the Egyptian Bazaar, walked across Galata Bridge...

Then we tried to go to temple in Ortakoy. The guard did not want to let us in, and when he finally did and after our body search and finally sat down, the service was over. It was very disappointing, but actually very funny.

On Saturday we painted with Mustafa and he made up dinner of chicken and rice. I got sick and my mom and I went to the doctor and got medicine. On Sunday we went to Tanju's home with Volkan and she made us an awesome dinner. Dad would be a great Turk!!!

On Monday we went to Asia and did a little shopping and had lunch. Then we went to Kanyon in Levent and saw Two Days in Paris which was cute, but nothing great. Mom and dad got the full sinema experience in Turkey. Then we went to Mados and ate lots of icecream.

Today, I am studying for my Turkish test and then going to Mustafa's for dinner and then nargile in Tophane or Taksim.

1 comment:

Jamee Pritchard said...

Hey! It's wonderful that your parents got to come visit. Hope you all had a great holiday!