Saturday, January 26, 2008

I am glad to see that Obama won South Carolina!

Other news...I saw my best friend tonight for the last time before I go to visit him in Australia sometime. I am quite sad about it really. He has been a huge part of my Istanbul experience so far and has been there for the ups and downs...mostly downs. But that's what real friends do, they are always there, good or bad. And I must say, no matter what, he has always been there for me this semester. Since we are real friends I know we will see each other, but it will be very different living here without him. He has helped balance me and keep me rational. The point is, I will miss him.

I know I have been rather critical of Istanbul and Turks recently. But I most be honest that I haven't been so impressed lately. I'm sure a lot is that I have been an emotional wreck these past couple of weeks, which is part of the reason I haven't been writing. So things that normally don't bother me, really rub me the wrong way. But no matter what, what I write here is my opinion only and no one else's.

And I was mean to my mom today when I talked to her on Skype and I am still sorry for it. Because really I was mad at myself and took it out on her. Never an okay thing to do.

1 comment:

Ray said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're down.

I'm always here for you.

Lean on me, talk to me. email me. I will always listen :(