For whatever reason I think these things are interesting. My grandpa forwarded me an email and these were the ones that caught my attention!
1. Money isn't made out of paper, it's made out of cotton.
2. The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.
3. The dot over the letter I is called a "tittle".
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
5. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents, daily.
6. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark's stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.
7. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
8. Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower' because in the time when all original print had to be set in individual letters, the upper case' letters were stored in the case on top of the case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters.
9. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
10. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law, which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
11. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. It's the same with apples!
12. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
13. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a space suit damages it.
I'm in astronomy...and my professor is talking about Mercury and how there are huge craters everywhere!! Then he goes, it was like when I was a teenager and I had cronic acne! It was tramatic. We looked similar, except Mercury is beautiful!