Thursday, November 24, 2011

A very thankful update!

I know you were all hoping to see a mustache picture, but here is one clean shaven picture! Donations at school for mustaches are going well and I am proud of the money we have raised as a team. This last week we will need to make a pretty big push to finish strong! 
Tonight I am refereeing another football game, and I am pretty sure it's not going to rain, so I am really excited about that! Yesterday I made chicken noodle soup for me and Roi (he is coming to see the game and then staying for the weekend) and today I made pumpkin pie (bought vanilla ice cream) and also made my first challah in Israel! I haven't eaten any of it yet, but everything looks and smells delicious!! The house smelled GREAT today! I am so grateful to be able to share these things with Roi...and I am grateful to have the means to have such nice things surrounding me.  I am grateful that I am studying at an incredible institution that is not only expanding my mind, but also my heart.  I finally feel like I am studying something that is making me a better person, not just a means to an end. 

And most importantly, I am grateful for my family. These are the days that living for from home is nearly torture. Not that I necessarily mess the food (although it's yummy) but I miss being with the whole family and then when everyone leaves, my mom and sister and I sit down with all the leftover desserts (even though we swore an hour before we could never eat another bite) and retell the funny stories of the day and laugh about all the crazy things that happened.  These are by far the best times and these are things that can't be replaced  by someone else. 

I hope you are all having a wonderful meal of abundance and surrounded by people who's love is overflowing. Happy Thanksgiving!! 

No comments: