Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Updates.

So, I haven't actually written a post in a long time.  So I thought I would update everyone who I don't regularly have contact.  

For the summer, I am going on four trips.  After DeAnna's wedding on June 20th (a great day, of course!) my mom, two students and I are going to Turkey for two weeks and stopping in Amsterdam for a day on the way back to see Sinan, the Van Gogh Museum, the Anne Frank House, and the Rembrandt Museum! We'll be back in Chicago on the 8th of July.  

Soon after, I am leaving for the Green Mountains in Vermont for a couple days of hiking on July 12th and then a few more days touring historical Boston with Rob Blumenthal and his students from Highland High School! I am really looking forward to the hike! I love helping him with his trips. We'll be returning July 21st. 

On August 1st, I am going to a National Endowments for the Humanities class in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii for a week.  Followed for another class on August 10th-14th about George Washington and the writing of the US Constitution in Mt. Vernon, VA. 

Around August 20th, I will be leaving for Ben Gurion University in Beer Sheva, (Capital of the Negev) Israel for a year MA program in Middle East Studies. I will be there until July 2010.  

So, here's to a great action/adventure pacted summer! 


2 comments:

Ray said...

How do you get invited to these things?!?

As per:

On August 1st, I am going to a National Endowments for the Humanities class in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii for a week. Followed for another class on August 10th-14th about George Washington and the writing of the US Constitution in Mt. Vernon, VA.

You are living the life that I want to lead. Let's swap!

Matt said...

Your life is so boring...I am so happy I'm not you!!!! I'm joking of course. Anyways, be safe and I think Rachel and I are thinking of visiting you in Israel next summer!