Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Obviously,

Obviously if you read the prior post, you would have figured out that my grandpa died.  It was really sad, he has been sick for years and even if we were expecting it, it is not easy.  I really miss him and it's sad to think that I don't get to spend more time with him or he won't be able to call me all the nicknames he had for me.  I won't be able to tell him about all my trips and what other parts of the world are like and I won't be able to kiss his bald head anymore.  He always had the same silly jokes that I'll miss hearing.  

I am really blessed, I am 23 years old and he is the first grandparent that I have lost.  They all got to see me grow up.  I knew for a while that he probably wouldn't live until my wedding, but now it's really true that he won't be there and he'll never meet my children.  I will just have to tell them how wonderful he was and how he could make you feel likeyou were the whole world when he smiled at you.  

No comments: