Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Pesach!

Last night I had a seder for my friends! I have to say, I did a wonderful job! =) I made haggadas for everyone (very simple ones!) And my really great friend, Sevgi, helped me make MATZAH, and charoset! We had to make the matzah because the only Kosher thing I could find was Passover flour from the Chief Rabbinate of Turkey. We made two batches of charoset, one with grape juice and one with wine because there were four or five of my Muslim friends who don't consume alcohol. (Both versions were delicious!) I couldn't find horseradish, but there is a mustard here that has horseradish in it, so it was close. My friend, Katie, boiled eggs for us and brought parsley! And since there were about thirteen people in total we bought five chickens, all of which were eaten! And we finished about seven or eight bottles of wine! (four cups each is a lot!) The greatest part was that we ate on the floor, none of the Turks minded because it is very normal here! The funniest thing was to see all my friends look for the afikomen. I told them anyone who hadn't had a bar mitzvah could look for it! So everyone was up looking, it was wonderful, especially because they were around 20 years old! haha

I will post pictures soon!

No comments: