Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A little structure!

So, if you knew me when I was at Ball State, you would know that I love structure, I would get up at 6:30 or 7:00 everyday, workout for an hour, shower, breakfast, watch the Today Show, go to class by 9 or 10 until 12 or 1, go to meetings/clubs/organizations, do homework, have dinner with friends, some more homework, and then in bed by 10 or 10:30. I know it was strict, but I worked hard, had fun, and got really good grades. I was a good student.

Last semester, I didn't do anything of the sort. I stayed up late, didn't exercise, was with friends all the time, didn't do or prioritize homework, etc...but I felt like I deserved it in a way, after 4 years, including summers, of working. I mean I slacked...badly. I guess most people get this out of their system in college, but I didn't, I was so so good in college, I didn't do anything wrong (except eat some grapes at the wrong time.) But the thing is, although I had a ton of fun, I didn't feel like I achieved anything or gained anything from all this fun.

So now...I'm established a little more structure back into my life. Not overboard like in college, but some. I am getting up at 8 and going for a hour walk (which has been successful for the past two days, if you want to join me, let me know!!) Going to class, doing homework ahead of time, planning trips early and efficiently. Making different friends who appreciate me and will use my abilities. Anyways, I think I have made my point. I am going to behavior better this semester, more like an adult should.

To keep everyone posted, I will be in Rome from March 1st to 7th.
Then Dana is coming March 16-22nd.
Then I am going to Petra and Amman, Jordan, the last week of March (this is tentative though.)
Then April 4-6th I will be in Amsterdam for some Rotary events.
Spring Break is still unplanned...

7 comments:

Ray said...

wow!

all those trips.

must be nice to have money!

I'm glad you have a routine.

mine is wake up, work, eat, sit on the computer, go to bed. I need to find time for more reading, and self reflection, and working out.

boo.

miss u!

Unknown said...

Eat grapes at the wrong time. Hahaha. You felon!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Would love to join you for a walk :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You deleted. I can't believe you.

Andrea said...

you told me to delete it.